So here's my yesterday update... Mom, Emma, and I went down to Salt Lake Monday night. It was kind of nice to go the night before. I am not a morning person as you all know and it was nice to get a little sleep in before the big day. I had finally gotten the steroids down to the point that I could get some rest. I woke up yesterday with M.R.S.A. lesion #3. This time it hit the right side of my face. The staph must want to even me out or something. Bad way to start off my day. The pain and pressure that comes with the lesion gives me a constant pulsing headache. So I get to Dr. Daynes office and he left a patient to come over and see what I looked like. He took one look and just shrugged. Now he knows how I feel every morning when I look in the mirror. So since the steroids didn't work, it was time for my botox. Nine or so injections later (he was going to town) I made it through that one. I can say looking back that it was not too bad, but I have nice little bruises everywhere that he injected. They go along well with my palsy eye and the growing lesion on my face!!! Dr. Daynes got me an appointment with Dr. Mooers again since the M.R.S.A. was back, so I went down to see her. Luckily she felt that we caught this lesion fast and that we won't have to drain it. She only opened it enough to get a culture so that wasn't too bad. She did however put me back on the heavy duty meds - HOORAY!!! What this means is that the toilet and I become best friends again. You tend to be a little hesitant to take medicine when the warning is... CAUTION: May cause fatal diarrhea. Well there you go. Take your pick, would I rather them put on my obituary that I died of a flesh eating bacteria or diarrhea? If either happens, someone had better come up with a dang good story for me. So then, it was on to the worst part of my day (no I have not hit the worst yet). I went over to LDS hospital to get my CT Scan done. The guy that was doing the scan was a complete idiot!!! He was a little on the slow side but I figured it can't be too hard to take pictures of my brain. I mean why would they think that they needed someone smart for that one. HMMMM!!! He informed me that he needed to put an I.V. in to put the dye through me. I have learned in the past few weeks that my veins leave a lot to be desired. They are small and not very cooperative. So here comes the doof at me with a needle. He was stumbling around, so I pointed out my best vein for him on my right arm. I kept thinking don't screw it up cuz it is your best bet. Well, of course he screwed it up. He kept poking and moving the needle around in there and it wasn't working. I would like to think that I am a pretty patient person and well tolerating of pain, but I finally just said OWW!!! He says " Oh, did that hurt." That was all he said. What a dink. Then he gets the lady that knows what she is doing in the room and she finally got the I.V. in my left arm.(Why didn't we just start with her) While she was doing so, I turned away, cuz it makes the whole needle thing better for me, but I looked at the right arm which was covered in blood. The dink was busy trying to clean it up, but I about passed out. I must have been spurting blood everywhere from the looks of it. So now I'm getting to the bad part... It was finally time to have the scan. The dink says through the microphone, "Here comes the dye, it will be warm." At this point I am thinking, "How nice, I am a little cold and have the chills from almost passing out." Now imagine how fast your blood runs through your body, then imagine warm rushing sensations going through that fast. Not good. I just laid there thinking that I was peeing my pants over and over again. I crossed my legs, but the dink says through the mic "stay still" My only option was to do the strongest kegels I could and hope for the best. Then my tongue got hot and I wanted to spit it out. I promtly went to the restroom afterwards and did an underwear check. (At 29 years old, that is pathetic) All was clear. Okay, I had had enough fun for one day so Mom, Emma, and I got the heck out of there and after picking up my prescription, headed straight for Cafe Rio. I ate every bite. My shredded beef taco was so good that it almost made everything okay.
The moral of this story is.......
When you think that it can't get any worse, hold on, IT CAN!!!
When I find out if I am brain damaged or growing a tumor or something, I will let you know.













3 comments:
EM! I can't believe this! When are you back in Salt Lake? I bet they want to see you soon, right? If you die from the runs you'll go down in history! I'm sorry!
hmmm well i was hoping things got better you should have messed all over that chair so the idiot that told you to hold still while they injected who knows what in you would have to clean it!!!!!!!
i love cafe rio to, i ask jeff some nights if we can drive there for dinner he says no maybe i will call you for dinner and a drive instead! love ya char
Maybe you should ask him if you could try to put an ivy in his arm for practice and see how he likes it. :) hee hee!!!!!!! Next time ask for a nurse who knows what the heck they are doing - I can come with you if you need me to for that, I'm good at being Bosy!;0
And hey if you need any toilet paper and can't make it to the store just call I will run it down right away!
REALLY - GET BETTER ASAP!
(like now)
Post a Comment