Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Fisherman & Pioneer Girl

Christian went fishing in Canada for a few days and this is one of the big fish that he caught. He is the only one that caught this particular type of fish, a Muskie. I guess that they are hard to catch. He had a great time.


This is my pioneer girl. Next week she is going on a field trip to a pioneer school. They get to spend the whole day going to school like the pioneers did in a one room school house. They need to dress accordingly and pack a lunch with things that would be eaten back then. I decided that I would be like Sally. Back in the day she would have sewed us up a cute little dress and bonnet so I decided to tackle that one. It turned out pretty good for my first pioneer dress sewing experience. If anyone has any ideas for things that I could make to put in her lunch that will be wrapped in a dishcloth and then put in a pail, please let me know. I can sew, but I definately can't cook.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

How adorable is Skylar in that outfit!! Kudos to you Amber, for the fine job of sewing!

As far as a lunch, did some research and pioneer children packed sandwiches on homemade bread with homemade jelly or cured meat and an apple. Good luck!

Chris

EM said...

Love the oufit. Now you can start on my projects!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Skylar will be the best little pioneer in the schoolhouse. Love you Skylar Blue!
P.S. Let me know how the homemade bread and jelly goes, or better yet the cured MEAT!!!

Grandma Bobbi said...

Hey Skylar- you will be the cutest pioneer girl ever! Good job Amber!
For lunch the apple will be no problem. You could do muffins or banana bread for homemade bread. And aren't chicken nuggets a cured meat?
Love you,
Grandma Bobbi

CAINS said...

That is so stinkin cute!!!