I have been very touched by the whole earthquake situation that is going on in Haiti. You could say that I am some what addicted to this little families journey to get their children out of that country and into their forever home. I have been stalking this woman's blog for several months now. I am not normally a stalker type of person, but one night I couldn't sleep due to the lovely meds that I was on and I stumbled upon this blog through a friend's blog. It has been an amazing thing to watch this couple go through what you have to go through to adopt kids from Haiti. I can't even wrap my mind around it.
Since the earthquake hit, I have involved my kids in the stalking...
Not the best role model, I know, but I think that it is important for them to see what other children are going through. I think that it is important to teach our children about the less fortunate. I have to say that this past week, my children have taught me more than I could have ever taught them about compassion...
I sent a little note along with our donation to their cause. This is a facebook note that was posted about my kids:
We received a beautiful note along with a donation to Hope for Little Angels of Haiti.
'My 8 year old came up to me with a $1 bill and ask if it could still be used because it had a little tear in it. I told him yes and he handed me the dollar and ask me to give it to the Haiti children for their jet fuel. My 10 year old quickly left the room and came back with a $5 bill. She wanted to give also. I am adding $4 to make it an even amount. Thank-you so much for sharing your story and allowing me to share it with my children and teach them through your situation. Thank you for giving them this opportunity to give!'
Thank you for teaching your children the importance of caring for their brothers and sisters wherever they may be. We are all touched by their kindness and generosity!"
Since the earthquake hit, I have involved my kids in the stalking...
Not the best role model, I know, but I think that it is important for them to see what other children are going through. I think that it is important to teach our children about the less fortunate. I have to say that this past week, my children have taught me more than I could have ever taught them about compassion...
I sent a little note along with our donation to their cause. This is a facebook note that was posted about my kids:
We received a beautiful note along with a donation to Hope for Little Angels of Haiti.
'My 8 year old came up to me with a $1 bill and ask if it could still be used because it had a little tear in it. I told him yes and he handed me the dollar and ask me to give it to the Haiti children for their jet fuel. My 10 year old quickly left the room and came back with a $5 bill. She wanted to give also. I am adding $4 to make it an even amount. Thank-you so much for sharing your story and allowing me to share it with my children and teach them through your situation. Thank you for giving them this opportunity to give!'
Thank you for teaching your children the importance of caring for their brothers and sisters wherever they may be. We are all touched by their kindness and generosity!"
You could say that I was just a little proud to read that note.
Taten would really like a brother from Haiti. He won't stop asking for one. He told me that his brother could always sleep on the top bunkbed in his room. I finally told him yesterday that it cost a lot of money to adopt a child. Ellie looked at me with the most confused face and said "You mean they're not free to a good home?" If only things were as simple as they are through children's eyes.
I know that there is a lot more rebuilding to do in Haiti for these orphans. I love my children and the examples that they are to me. Their spirits are so innocent and pure. I think of the children in Haiti - their little spirits are just like my kids. They just need somewhere to live and be taken care of until they can find Mom and Dad's of their own. Taten and Ellie inspired me and I hope that they can inspire all of you. If everyone that reads this would go and match there $6 donation it could really add up. If you have been thinking of donating to Haiti - this is a good organization to donate to. I know, because I have been stalking them for 6 months! :) Check out their blog and hit the donate button while you are there. Warning: Do not go to this link unless you have a box of Kleenex handy...













1 comment:
Em, you are amazing! Such a compassionate person! I have been troubled by the whole thing, too and can't imagine how it affects everyone either by it hitting so close to home or just seeing the fear in their poor eyes. You are so great to always be thinking of others when you have so much on your plate with your condition. You are a great example!
Post a Comment