Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas.

We had a really enjoyable Christmas this year. I just don't have many pictures of it. I was not feeling as well as I wished I could have (M.R.S.A. lesion #4 arrived on my face on the 18th - Merry Christmas to me!), so I guess I just didn't feel up to pulling the camera out for all of our parties that we went to. This year we went to 3 spots on Christmas Eve. It was really rushed, but fun. We started at Aunt Dee and Uncle Sherm's house which brought me back to my childhood and was fun to see Dad's side of the family. Then we went to Tom and Kathy's house for dinner. We spent some time there and then finished off with Julie's house and all the good old Gillette family traditions that we have created over the years. Christmas day was low key. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner and Sarah, Don and Bill were there. Along with Aunt Chris, Uncle Sam, and Uncle Bill. We all had dogs there too - which was hilarious. Keith and Sal don't usually let dogs in their house - let alone 4 inside and 3 more outside. We let them all run together and it was pretty entertaining to watch.
Christmas just wouldn't be the same without family.
I learned a little Christmas lesson this year...
This is what our tree looked like on Christmas morning. I worried for days that our kids wouldn't have enough for Christmas. I felt like I was going to ruin their Christmas due to a lack of gifts. I knew that everyone else would spoil them though, so I refrained from putting anything on the credit card just to load them up more. When we were done opening gifts, before they received anything from anyone else. Taten looked at me and said "Mom, this is the best Christmas ever!" Wow. It took my 8 year old son to show me that it is not about the possessions that we receive - it is about being with family and thinking of Christ.
I hope you all had the best Christmas ever.

No comments: