It has been a rough couple of weeks at the Garrard household. I thought that I might update the bloggers on our situation. We went to Bear Lake and had a great time with the whole Garrard clan, but I received a mosquito bite there that made me wish that I had put a little bug spray on myself. I somehow got M.R.S.A. staph infection in the bite and waited tooooo long to go to the doctor. By the time I finally went (or should I say Mom made me go) it was too late. My leg had to be cut open and a drain put in. I had the drain replaced three times and the last appointment, I managed to pass out. Fun stuff!!! I finally got the drain out of my leg on Monday, and now have to let it heal from the inside out. I would like to pass out right now just thinking about having a big hole in my leg. The worst part is that Dr. Blauer is being very careful and making me take 2 medications 5 times a day, between that and the aleve I am pretty drugged all day long. If you speak to me, keep that in mind, not real with it. I was making dinner tonight and put the package of buns on the stove....Ellie luckily said "Mom are you trying to cook those?" If anyone knows how to get burnt plastic off of a glass stove top please let me know.
I do need to give Cody a big thank-you. He has been my nurse and changed my bandages over and over again. He is a good sport because I know that he has not enjoyed it. He has been a good man these past few weeks, poor Cody, only I would get a flesh eating virus right by my butt!
Poor Emma had to go to the doctor with me, cuz she got a bite on her face. It just kept getting worse, so I took her in. She is finally looking better, but I feel bad that it got this bad.


This picture was taken last week, she looks even better now. Would have posted pictures of my trauma, but I'd rather not put my backside on the Internet. :)
THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS ALWAYS USE BUG SPRAY!!!













3 comments:
OUCH!! I remember the bug bites we'd get from sleeping out on the trampoline! This one looks like the mother of them all though!
holy cow, i thought you were limping yesterday, i can't imagine you passing out, did'nt you pass out with one of your kids in the er???? you crack me up!
My poor little baby. She is still cute as a bug even with her swollen face. Ryan still said oh she is so cute when he saw her picture. He loves her.
Post a Comment