I have always wanted to go to the regatta. We always went across the river and watched it when we were little, but I have never been a paying spectator on the right side of the river. This year Cody and I decided that we were going to go for it. We had a blast. It was so fun to watch and our kids LOVED it.

I got to just sit and take pictures all day and watch my kids have fun watching the action, what could be better than that!

The water level is so high that it is up past the retaining wall onto the grass.
Taten was the best fan there. He was pretty sure that all of the racers were waving just at him when they took their victory laps! He did wave the hardest of anyone, he might have been right about that one.

I loved having all these boats headed toward me, and the sound.......loved it.

This was OUR boat that we were rooting for. We were sitting right by his family and we talked to the driver. They gave us balloons and candy. We were instant fans. They treated us like they had always known us. We cheered right along side of them and it was a blast! It was a good, intense race, but in the end our boat took FIRST PLACE in the final. He drove right in front of us and tried to spray us with the boat!!! It was pretty awesome!

Most of the people were watching the boats the whole time. I did have a hard time focusing on the boats when this would walk by...

It is a Nikon. I am usually a Canon gal, but isn't she beautiful!!! I think that I drooled a little bit...

Tate is sure that this sign was for him!
1 comment:
You know, we have lived here 13 years and have never been to it. Looks like you had a ton of fun. Great pictures Em!
Post a Comment