Thursday, April 23, 2009

Adventure

One thing that I love about Cody is that he is always up for anything. Last minute adventures are his specialty. My kids, the dog and I all love these adventures. There have been times in the past that I thought that we were lost for good and would have to learn to live off the land, but Cody always pulls through and finds our way home. This Sunday, he decided that we would go to Sublett. We love to go and watch the fish run. It wasn't quite time yet to see the fish like we like to, but it was a good trip anyway. We took our sturdy camp chef and decided to cook hamburgers.
Give my kids a rock or a stick and they are pretty content for hours!!!

A stream only adds to the entertainment value!!!

I should have taken this pic when the hamburgers were cooked. Raw meat is almost as disgusting as the fact that I forgot the spatula and Cody flipped the blood oozing things with his dirty pocket knife.....ewww.....gag......okay I just threw up a little in my mouth. Zoey ate most of my cheeseburger just for the record.

A bridge can also add to the entertainment.

A stick, a dog, and water........Cody likes this one as much as the kids do.

I must have said something really funny to get a grin while holding a camera in my hand! I love that grin.

Now about the next set of pictures......yes we have established that rocks are a boys best friend, but do they have to put them exactly where they want them. Can't they just leave them be. I think that the rock looks great right where it is. After I told Tate, NO you can not take that one home and put it in your rock collection he decided that it would have to go in the reservoir.

He couldn't lift it so he decided to use his stick......

still didn't work......

just leave it there......

why do little boys have to move big rocks????.....

I just don't get it...

Oh....it is all starting to make sense to me....

kind of...

Why do big boys have to move rocks??!?!

While we are on the subject of boys...

A boy and his dog.

I am starting to get confused... which one is the boy and which one is the dog?

I will never understand boys!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

You have to tell us how to get there, in great detail. We are going to have to go!

The Dayley News said...

I love you Em! Cody reminds me a lot of my hubby. He would be the one throwing the rock and he loves nature.

Awe those kids! They are SO cute together.

PS: Tell Cody I loved his smile too since I've never seen it before.

SAYDA said...

That was me Sayda, not Karen. I was helping her with something on her Google account.

jeff and char said...

how fun i love those last minute adventures! your kids are adorable

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

Those are the cutest pics ever. You are so blessed to have a beautiful family. :)

Oh Boy '08 said...

Your rear view mirror pics are totally so cute! It looks like you had fun!