Thursday, December 4, 2008

Amber 's Talent!

Well, Amber has been very busy as you can see. She has become quite the little crocheter. I am pretty impressed with her latest work. She made the pillow for Mom and I think that it is rather cute. I am a little confused at why I didn't get one also. It would be pretty cute in my living room, but I'm not dropping any hints or anything. I did receive the cute eye patch though. Amber has made it her personal mission to find me a cute, stylish eye patch. I had told her that I had already looked everywhere and that it was not possible to find any that weren't dorky. People have attempted to design good ones, but in my opinion they have failed. Amber must have finally given up her search and decided to design her own. Wow! I had made myself a leather leopard print one that is rather cute for around the house, but this one by far tops it. I think it is great!!! THANKS A TON AMBER!!! (Tate calls me the hippie-pirate when I wear it.)

I bet that you are all shocked to see my pic on here. I have resisted putting one on for several months now, but I decided that the new patch warranted a picture. I can also give a progress update...

M.R.S.A.- Lesion #3 is down to a small band aid. You can't even see it in this picture. Yay! I am almost done with the meds. Well, the bad ones anyway. Still will have the preventative stuff. I can look forward to a few good weeks of feeling well. We all need to send me some good vibes that the next lesion will appear somewhere other than my face. Or my butt. Or........just send some good vibes my way please.

Palsy- I am on day 64 of having the palsy. I can say that I took a big step today. I went in public without an eye patch on. I have been to the store a few times without one and it is kind of fun to see people stare. I use to be self conscious about it, now I think that it is funny that they have the guts to stare, but not the guts to ask what's wrong. I just let them wonder. HAHA! I went to the movies the other night with my parents and kids, it was dark and no one was there. Today was different. I went to the Festival of Trees. I saw several people that I knew and they were all very nice about it. I guess that I should give people more credit. I might be venturing out patchless a little more often now. So if you see me....I am NOT stoned, I just have a little eye problem. Cody thinks that I look stoned without the patch on, cuz it makes my other eye not open as well. The question lately everywhere I go is to Patch or not to Patch. Mom always answers with the patch. Cody prefers no patch. I think that Cody likes people thinking that he has a druggie wife. Gotta love Cody. Mom thinks that it is best to look like I just had eye surgery. I am starting to think that I might need counseling over this issue. Sal would probably be all for that as I have mentioned in earlier post! Just kidding Mom! So, if anyone can give me there opinion on this matter, I would appreciate it.

I have to stop writing such long post. It is December....no one has time for my rambling. SORRY!!!

Thanks again Amber!!!

4 comments:

Grandma Bobbi said...

Dear Emily,
I think you should do what makes you the most comfortable. Does the patch improve your comfort or vision? Do you see better with it - or without it?
This isn't about what other people think or feel- this is about you.
So, do you feel better wearing it?
Just my humble opinion,
Bobbi

Jen said...

I think you pull off the patch with style and grace. You are always cute and no rolling your eyes. I only speak the truth. It is a cute patch. I want to see it live.

CAINS said...

Amber and Emily...I'm completely serious when I say I want to put orders in! Really. PLEASE let me know how and when I can do this! I love the patch, fo sho!! It's AWESOME! Only Emily could pull it off, though! I hope that you are doing ok. I LOVE the pillow too! So...anytime you want to let me know how to purchase something...I'll be here waiting....

Oh Boy '08 said...

You're cute, that won't change! Any trips to Salt Lake so I might get to see you? If not, tell us when you're ready for some visitors!