Friday, February 5, 2010

The Best Day.

Driving home tonight, Taten announces "I HAD THE BEST DAY! - I got $2.75 from the tooth fairy this morning and I won 2nd place in the Pinewood Derby! Really Mom, it was The Best Day!" I agreed with him and he ran into the house beaming from ear to ear. In an 8 year old boys eyes - it doesn't get any better than this. He feels rich and couldn't be prouder of the medal hanging from his neck. I love how simple things are in a child's eyes. Here is a little glimpse of Tate's Best Day...
Tate worked hard on his car. He drew the design and was in charge of every part of the building process. He and Cody cut it out and then he sanded it forever. Then he took it to Grandpa Keith to paint it. They put about 10 coats of gloss on it and thought that it looked like glass. He then took the car home in a box and slept with it in his bed right beside him. He could not wait for this day.
He became a Bobcat tonight (I think - still a little confused on the whole scouting program). They had a face painting ceremony for the boys.

He would hand them his car and run down to the end of the track to see the finish line. There's his red car taking the lead...

The medal.
Showing off his 2nd place car. He also won the sportiest car!




Definitely - The Best Day!

5 comments:

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

Really enjoy those days. They are a blast. I rememer them well...

Skylar Paige said...

Taten Max I am so proud of you for winning second place and the sportiest car. You rock. I miss you. Can't wait to see you in July. Congratulations on your BEST DAY!!!!!

G-ma Sally said...

That really was a good day. That car was sooooo shiny. I can see why it got sportiest.

SAYDA said...

Cutest little Bobcat I've ever seen!

Ellsbells&tacoshells said...

I agree as well mom. He is cute.