Friday, August 21, 2009

Mexico...


This post is for all of you out there that think that we really didn't go to Mexico because you haven't seen any pics yet (MARYANN)! It is also for my journaling purposes. We really did spend the last part of July in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Dad and Mom spent Mom's inheritance from Grandpa Max and Grandma Elva to take all of us on this fabulous family vacation. It was worth every penny if you ask me (but they weren't my pennies so I guess you would have to ask Mom)! I absolutely loved every minute of it! It was also fun to think of Grandpa & Grandma while we were there. I know that they would have loved seeing us all together on vaca. All of us made memories that will last forever...
lots of hanging out with Grandpa...

Even Christian relaxed in Mexico.
and Grandma...
The ocean was amazing!!!

My kids could have stayed at the beach forever...

Emma wore her PaKini (Bikini) the whole time. I don't know why I even packed her other 2 swimsuits.

Poolside, we spent a lot of time at the pool. Loved it!

Cute Camden.

Handsome Ryan.

Love this pic - nothin' better than cousins.

Tate is becoming my little fish. We couldn't keep him out of the ocean or the pool.

THIS hair-do is why I paid for both my girls to get THIS hair-do...

that's much better.

Skylar and her goggles.:)

Tate looked at this picture and told me that the problem was that Uncle Don didn't catch him and it hurt. Way to go Uncle Don!

Don is a fish too. We couldn't get him out of the water either.
One problem with Mexico is the size of their insects. This guy was huge.

Ellie didn't want to get any closer and I didn't blame her.

lots of sleep overs happened while in Mexico.

I drank a lot of this.

Every night I sat out on my balcony (we were on the bottom floor, is it called a balcony if you are on the ground?) and drank my water and looked at this. It makes me warm just looking at these pictures. When you walked out of the air conditioned rooms the heat would take your breath away. It was heat that I had never felt before. It was humid. Loved it.


We were all happy in Mexico.

My Taten Max at one of his favorite places, the beach...I wonder what was going through his little mind right then. I love this picture!

Making memories with cousins - Worth every penny.

What a nice tan you have Don!!! (Don was hit on by 2 women while in Mexico. One of them told him he had a very nice tan.) :)

I loved living in swimsuits. We hardly needed the real clothes we packed.

Goodbye Mexico. It was a blast. We hope to see you again soon! Thank-you Mom and Dad for your generosity and for making it possible to make these memories happen!!!

3 comments:

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

That seemed like a great trip. Makes me want to go. Your pictures are great.

Unknown said...

Em, you forgot to mention that the women in Mexico that hit hit on Don and told him he a great tan were african american. That's what makes the story even better.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it took all the self restraint that Don had to keep from replying that they had a great tan too!